RTITB celebrates industry achievements at SHD Logistics Awards 2016
Jane Hughes, RTITB Solutions & Service Manager and Leeanne Williams, RTITB Finance Director were in attendance at the tri-annual SHD Logistics Awards on Thursday 15th September.
Following the close of Thursday’s International Material Handling Exhibition, over 500 guests attended the awards, which were held for the first time at Resort World, Birmingham, and hosted by comedian Mark Watson.
The night was filled with entertainment for all guests in attendance, including live music from high-energy drummers, Dhol, who escorted guests to their seats, before a set from improvisation comedian, Chris Turner, who performed an industry inspired rap.
Winners of the night included Clipper Logistics with John Lewis, who were awarded in the Innovation category, and were also awarded Overall Winner. Other winners on the night included;
- PD Ports - Corporate Social Responsibility award
- Think Logistics with Career Ready – Future Skills award
- Lyreco UK – Environment/Sustainability award
- Palletways – Growth award
- Lakeland – Innovation Technology award
- Culina Group with General Mills – New Facility award
- O’Donovan Waste Disposal – Safety award
- Bohler-Uddeholm (UK) – Warehouse Efficiency
- United Biscuits – Operations Large award
- BDA – Operations SME award
- Peel Ports Group – Editor’s Choice
IMHX and SHD Logistics event director, Rob Fisher, commented: “Congratulations to all our winners, and thank you to our sponsors. It was important that the 2016 awards were bigger, better and more entertaining than ever during the IMHX. I’m delighted to say – they were. Some final congratulations to all the logistics operators who entered in 2016.”
A big well done to all the winners from us here at RTITB.