Driving Behaviour & Defensive Driving
Our vehicle yardshunter course trains people in your business to manoeuvre and direct an articulated vehicle both forward and reverse in a straight line and to both sides. Candidates need to have a minimum of a category B on their driving licence.
Delivered by the UK’s best Instructors, who all come with real world transport and logistics experience, we provide the highest quality RTITB Instructor training courses. Plus, to give you total peace of mind, all candidates must successfully complete an independent examination to qualify as an RTITB Instructor.
By the end of the course candidates will:
- Be able to identify and evaluate their own driving behaviour
- Be able to demonstrate safe and defensive driving principles using their own driving skills
- Have the ability to maximise vehicle fuel economy/efficiency.
This course is suitable for drivers who:
- Have a sense of responsibility in the workplace
- Have prior experience of professional driving
- Who value current environmental issues
- Hold a current valid UK driving licence
The course covers the following:
- The Highway Code
- Driving styles
- The effects of road predictability
- Optical behaviour and driving
- Vulnerable road users
- The effects of fatigue on driving behaviour
- Practical driving in urban and rural environments
- Defensive driving techniques
- Feedback on practical driving
The Driver Behaviour and Defensive Driving course concludes with an objective practical and theory assessment carried out by an RTITB examiner. All elements of the examination must be passed in order to be successfully complete the course. Successful candidates will receive recognition of their achievement with an RTITB certificate of completion.
If you would like to find out more please call our Instructor Academy team on +44 (0) 1952 520214 or drop us a line below and we’ll call you at a time convenient to you.