Very Narrow Aisle Lift Truck Training
The Very Narrow Aisle (VNA) lift truck operator course will give you the skills to operate the truck safely and efficiently, carry out a pre-use inspection, and recall and explain the causes of truck and load instability. There are two categories of VNA truck – man-up and man-down. The completion of the man-up operator course will equip you to operate both machine types.
This course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas;
- An introduction to the truck
- Driving the truck (including narrow aisles under automatic guidance)
- Laden and unladed manoeuvring
- Operation of the hydraulics
- Battery care and maintenance
- Picking up and setting down
- Loading with the man-up function
- Handling awkward loads
Course Durations Man Up/Man Down (for 3 people) ABA codes F1, F2:
- Novice candidate: 37.5 hours
- Existing: 20 hours
- Refresher candidate: 7.5 hours
- Conversion candidate:15 hours
Last year over 700 people completed and passed RTITB Very Narrow Aisle Lift Truck training and testing and achieved their internationally recognised RTITB Certificate of Basic Operator Training.
To start your training journey, enter your postcode below and find your nearest RTITB centre, or if you are outside of the UK tick the box to see a list of our international training providers. You can then contact the RTITB centre of your choice directly through our website to book your VNA operator training.