Vehicle Mounted Lift Truck (Moffett) Training
The Vehicle Mounted lift truck operator training course (often referred to as a Moffett), will give you the skills to operate the truck safely and efficiently, carry out a pre-use inspection and recall and explain the causes of truck and load instability. Candidates will also learn how to attach and detach the truck to and from a carrying vehicle safely.
This course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas;
- Controls and instruments
- Starting/moving/stopping and steering the truck
- 4-way travel and steering mode
- Hydraulic controls
- Weight assessment
- Handling laden/unladen pallets/containers/bulk pack
- Driving on/off ramps and inclines
- Driving over rough terrain
- Loading and unloading
Course Durations (for 3 people):
- Novice candidate: 37.5 hours
- Experienced (but untrained) candidate: 20 hours
- Refresher (recommended every 3 years) candidate: 7.5 hours
- Conversion candidate: 15 hours
Last year over 600 people completed and passed RTITB vehicle mounted lift truck training and testing and achieved their internationally recognised RTITB Certificate of Basic Operator Training.
To start your training journey, enter your postcode below and find your nearest RTITB centre, or if you are outside of the UK tick the box to see a list of our international training providers. You can then contact the RTITB centre of your choice directly through our website to book your moffett training.