Side loader Training
The Sideloader operator training course will give you the skills to operate the truck safely and efficiently, carry out a pre-use inspection and recall and explain the causes of truck and load instability.
This course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Controls and instruments
- Starting/moving/stopping and steering the truck
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Battery care and maintenance
- Refuelling the machine
- Recharging LPG cylinders
- Load handling and operation in confined areas
- Weight assessment
- Industrial racking loading and unloading
Course Durations (for 3 people):
- Novice candidate: 37.5hours
- Experienced (but untrained) candidate: 20 hours
- Refresher (recommended every 3 years) candidate: 7.5 hours
- Conversion candidate: 15 hours
Last year over 280 people completed and passed RTITB sideloader training and testing and achieved their internationally recognised RTITB Certificate of Basic Operator Training.
To start your training journey, enter your postcode below and find your nearest RTITB centre, or if you are outside of the UK tick the box to see a list of our international training providers. You can then contact the RTITB centre of your choice directly through our website to book your sideloader training.