Ship Mounted Crane Training
The RTITB Ship Mounted Crane, often referred to as a pedestal or deck mounted hydraulic crane, course will give you the skills needed to be a safe and efficient operator and is designed for operators of ship, vessel, desk, barge or pedestal mounted hydraulic cranes. This is a specialist course and therefore not all RTITB centres deliver this training. However, those who do may offer nationwide coverage. The course duration is 22.5 hours for a novice candidate.
This course will cover, but is not limited to, the following areas;
- Identifying the use for which the crane is required
- Correct methods of operation
- Daily checks to be conducted
- Completion of pre-use inspection
- Limitations of equipment
- Correct methods for attaching slings
- Lifting and lowering procedures
- Signalling techniques during operation
To find our accredited ship mounted crane operator training centres enter your postcode below, or if you are outside of the UK tick the box to see a list of our international training providers. You can then contact the RTITB centre of your choice directly through our website to book your training.