Rough Terrain Truck Training
RTITB offers two Rough Terrain truck courses: Rough Terrain Telescopic Handler (often referred to as a Rough Terrain Telehandler) and Rough Terrain Masted truck (often referred to as a Rough Terrain Forklift). In order to operate both machine types, you must complete both training courses.
The RTITB Rough Terrain Telescopic Handler training course will give you the skills to operate the truck safely and efficiently, carry out a pre-use inspection and recall and explain the causes of truck and load instability.
The course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas;
- Controls and Instruments
- Starting/moving/stopping and steering the truck
- Handling pallets, containers and bulk packs
- Driving on/off ramps and inclines
- Principles of operating on rough terrain
- Loading/unloading and stacking/destacking
- Free standing and in-racking procedures
- Novice candidate: 37.5 hours
- Experienced (but untrained) candidate: 20 hours
- Refresher (recommended every 3 years) candidate: 7.5 hours
- Conversion candidate:15 hours
Last year over 2,000 people completed and passed RTITB rough terrain telescopic handler training and testing and achieved their Certificate of Basic Operator Training, or "licence" as it is often referred to.
To start your training journey, enter your postcode below and find your nearest RTITB centre, or if you are outside of the UK tick the box to see a list of our international training providers. You can then contact the RTITB centre of your choice directly through our website to book your rough terrain truck training.