Pivot Steer Training
The Pivot Steer operator training course (often referred to as an articulated, bendi or flexi truck), will give you the skills to operate the truck safely and efficiently, carry out a pre-use inspection and recall and discuss the causes of instability of truck and loads.
This course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas;
- Controls and instruments
- Starting/moving/stopping and steering the truck
- Hydraulic controls
- Battery care
- Replacing/recharging gas cylinders
- Weight assessment
- Handling laden and unladen pallets
- Driving on/off ramps and inclines
- Stacking/destacking free standing racks
Course Durations (for 3 people):
- Novice candidate: 37.5 hours
- Experienced (but untrained) candidate: 20 hours
- Refresher (recommended every 3 years) candidate: 7.5 hours
- Conversion candidate: 15 hours
Last year over 1000 people completed and passed RTITB pivot steer truck training and testing and achieved their internationally recognised RTITB Certificate of Basic Operator Training.
To start your training journey, enter your postcode below and find your nearest RTITB centre, or if you are outside of the UK tick the box to see a list of our international training providers. You can then contact the RTITB centre of your choice directly through our website to book your pivot steer truck training.