Manual Handling Training
The Manual Handling in Transport, Warehousing and Logistics course provides candidates with the skills required to assess the risks associated with manual handling tasks, and the approach to minimise these risks. Transport and storage has the second highest handling injutry rate of all industries.
This course will identify risks that generic manual handling courses do not typically address, helping to prevent injuries in the workplace. Successful completion of the course will require candidates to complete a theory test, a pre-lift assessment and a safe lift.
This course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas;
- The fundamentals of manual handling
- The importance of following correct procedure
- The anatomy of the spine and human movement
- Risk assessments
- Correct manual handling techniques
- Pushing and pulling techniques and risks (if applicable)
- Manual handling of pallets
To start your training journey, enter your postcode below and find your nearest RTITB centre, or if you are outside of the UK tick the box to see a list of our international training providers. You can then contact the RTITB centre of your choice directly through our website to book your manual handling course.