Industrial Telescopic Material Handler Training
The Industrial Telescopic Material Handler course will give you the skills to operate the truck safely and efficiently, carry out a pre-use inspection, and recall and explain the causes of truck and load instability.
The course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas;
- Controls and instruments
- Starting/moving/stopping and steering the truck
- Hydraulic controls
- Weight assessment
- Handling pallets/containers/bulk pack (dependent on use of truck)
- Driving on/off ramps and inclines
- Loading and unloading
Course Durations (for 3 people):
- Novice candidate: 37.5 hours
- Experienced (but untrained) candidate: 20 hours
- Refresher (recommended every 3 years) candidate: 7.5 hours
- Conversion candidate: 15 hours
Last year over 150 people completed and passed RTITB industrial telescopic materials handler training and testing and achieved their internationally recognised RTITB Certificate of Basic Operator Training or "licence" as it is often referred to.
To start your training journey, enter your postcode below and find your nearest RTITB centre, or if you are outside of the UK tick the box to see a list of our international training providers. You can then contact the RTITB centre of your choice directly through our website to book your industrial telescopic material handler training.