Pedestrian Pallet Truck Instructor
- Who Should Attend
The course provides candidates with the necessary knowledge and skills to deliver safe and efficient pedestrian pallet truck operator training, both practically and in a classroom setting. Candidates can undertake the course on a pedestrian operated pallet or stacker truck (depending on the needs of your business).
By the end of the course candidates will:
- Be able to plan, prepare and deliver safe pedestrian pallet/stacker truck operator training
- Be able to recall and discuss the role and responsibilities of a Pedestrian Pallet Truck Instructor
- Be able to recall and discuss relevant legislation and best practice.
The Pedestrian Pallet Truck Instructor course concludes with an objective examination carried out by an RTITB examiner. All elements of the examination must be passed in order to successfully qualify as an RTITB Instructor. Achieving an RTITB Instructor qualification is something to be truly proud of. Success candidates are eligible to register on the RTITB Register of Professional Instructors.
To make a booking, please call us directly on +44(0)1952 520214 to discuss your training needs and for availability. Alternatively, you can email us directly with your enquiry.Request More Information
The course covers the following:
- Health and Safety
- Relevant Regulations
- Approved Code of Practice (ACOP)
- Instructor Role and Qualities
- Basic Principles of Instruction
- Skills and Task Analysis
- Lesson Structure (Practical)
- Lesson Structure (Theory)
- Report Writing
- Visual Aids
- Pedestrian Pallet/Stacker Truck Test
To pass this course you will need to pass an examination consisting of three elements:
1: Basic operating skills test on a Pedestrian Pallet/Stacker truck and pass to Instructor standard on the first day of the course (maximum 25 penalties allowed). This test requires the candidate to undertake both the Associated Knowledge element of the Operator test and the Pre-Use Inspection test (A suitable period of truck familiarisation will be provided prior to the test being conducted).
2: Associated Knowledge: Multiple choice theory paper (Pass mark is 80%)
3: Practical Instructional Ability: Deliver a session of no more than 40 minutes in length, covering a Basic Operating Skill (Pass mark is 70 out of a possible 100).
This course is suitable for candidates who:
- Have proof of successfully completing the Pedestrian Pallet/Stacker Truck Basic Operating Skills Test within the last 12 month
- Have significant experience as a Pedestrian Pallet/Stacker operator. We recommend a minimum of 6 months experience
- Have good communication skills
- Have the confidence to present to large and small groups of their peers
It is beneficial to familiarise yourself with the following webpages, publications and documents prior to attending a Pedestrian Pallet/Stacker Truck Instructor course. It is not mandatory to read/purchase all of these items; they are provided as recommendations only of what is likely to assist candidates in preparation for course attendance.
PUWER 1998(or local equivalent legislation if available)
LOLER(or local equivalent legislation if available)