First Aid at Work
Our ITC accredited First Aid at Work (FAW) 3 day course will train members of your team to assess a situation and administer first aid. It provides a more detailed training program than the 1 day emergency first aid course.
- The role of the first aider
- Assessing the situation
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious, not breathing, choking or bleeding
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Providing appropriate first aid for minor injuries
- Administer first aid to a casualty who has bone injuries, suspected spinal injuries, burns and scalds, eye injuries, poisoning and anaphylactic shock
- Recognise the presence of major illness and take appropriate action (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma and diabetes)
There is a written assessment paper and continuous observation as part of this course. All successful candidates will receive an ITC certificate which is valid for three years.
There is a maximum of 12 people allowed on the course and it can be delivered on your premises or at our Instructor Academy in Telford, Shropshire (near Shrewsbury and Wolverhampton). The course is £1918+VAT (equivalent to £159.83 per person if you train 12 members of your team). There is no charge for travel and subsistence if we deliver the course on your site.
To book this course for your team please call our Academy team on +44(0)1952 520214.
Alternatively drop us a line below and we'll call you back or send you the information you need, whichever you prefer.