Bidvest Logistics is the leading supplier of logistical and supply chain solutions to the UK hospitality and restaurant sector. The company translates the needs and wants of customers into bespoke supply chain solutions that are cost effective, responsive and durable.
To help fulfil an overall business objective to be more efficient in the transport department and improve the miles-per-gallon (MPG) of the fleet by reviewing the existing training programme around safe and economic driving. Through training, Bidvest Logistics aimed to decrease fuel consumption, whilst also improving driving and reducing accidents among approximately 700 LGV drivers based throughout the UK.
"We closely monitor our drivers’ performance to identify which individuals may require additional training, and we originally started working with RTITB to equip Instructors with a course to promote safe and economical LGV driving. While it’s been great to use this bespoke SAFED course to help maintain our standards, the fact that this training can also form part of our Driver CPC Periodic Training is even better.
Instructors provided such good feedback on the training that this has now been rolled out across several depots. In fact, other parts of the business are now looking at whether they could also bring training in house and reduce costs by following our example of best practice.
Investing in high quality training tells your instructors and drivers that you believe investing in them is worthwhile, so we would absolutely recommend RTITB to other food service and logistics companies."
- By joining the Master Driver CPC Consortium, Bidvest Logistics has access to RTITB’s 110 topic Driver CPC training library and can tailor training to meet the needs of the business, without the need for additional course development resource.
- The innovative training modules can be delivered through quizzes, case studies, workshops, games and discussions, all in manageable 35 minute topics to achieve maximum driver engagement.
- Not only do certain course materials, such as the safe and economic driving, include pre and post-training assessment to measure improvement among trainees, but the training team’s performance, delivery costs and driver results can also be evaluated easily online.
- USB stick toolkits containing all the forms needed help save time, while clear and simple pricing helps save money. There are no charges for routine audits and the first year of membership is completely free.
- Courses deliver real, measurable driver behaviour change and safety improvements. In addition, as the consortium is managed by experienced Lead Auditors, the business and brand is protected from risk at all times.