Home : About
The name RTITB has been synonymous with high quality training in the road freight and logistics industry for over 40 years. Those that work with us recognise that safety and standards underpin all that we do.
At RTITB we recognise that in our industry training can sometimes be seen as a burden and is not always embraced as the opportunity it can be. That is why it is our aim to ensure that all training is delivered and managed effectively and efficiently so that it doesn’t become cumbersome and a distraction to the running of your business.
By helping our approved organisations comply with relevant legislation and maintain efficiency in their operation, we ensure that employers and purchasers can feel confident in the standard of training provided, truly making RTITB the professional’s choice.
Some of the services that we provide include:
- Accrediting/approving the content and delivery of material handling equipment training courses to ensure they comply with all relevant legislation
- Validation and certification of materials handling equipment training
- Developing and supplying materials handling equipment and LGV training materials and visual aids
- Leading the Master Driver CPC Consortium, a nationwide consortium of organisations and employers focused on the delivery of quality, robust Driver CPC Periodic Training.
At RTITB we understand the importance of quality. We are registered for and audited against ISO9001:2008, so organisations that work with RTITB can be confident in our commitment to drive and maintain standards.
RTITB is also the largest consortium in the UK for the delivery of Driver CPC training. The Master Driver CPC Consortium offers flexible and effective courses and training materials and has been developed utilising RTITB’s 40 years experience in the road transport training industry. Courses through the Master Driver CPC Consortium can be delivered internally, externally or both and covers the entire JAUPT approved Driver CPC syllabus.
RTITB leads, and is responsible for a national consortium of training organisations and employers enabling the delivery of robust and relevant Driver CPC periodic training. This role encompasses all course development, quality assurance and data management for the consortium members.
We also operate the RTITB Training Academy from our headquarters in Telford. We established the Academy to support our accredited organisations, consortium members and logistics industry employers as a whole by providing instructor training of the highest standard. Courses include:
- LGV License Acquisition, Driving Assessor and LGV Instructor
- Yardshunter/Banskman and Yardshunter/Banksman Instructor
- Lift Truck Instructor
- Digital Tachograph
- CPC in Road Haulage
- Driver CPC